"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are."
I believe that we all have the capacity to learn, grow, heal and create long-lasting change. We hold the innate ability to discover and realize our true potential and live an authentic life in line with our deepest values. I view therapy as a shared, supportive, compassionate journey that can help you tune into your authentic self, develop attainable goals and work toward sustainable, meaningful change. By holistically addressing and integrating mind, body and spirit, all kinds of challenges—depression, anxiety, divorce, stress, relationship issues, grief—can be better understood and overcome.
I offer a safe, supportive, warm, practical and respectful therapeutic relationship in which you can feel comfortable sharing everything and anything. I draw from a variety of modalities that have been proven effective in addressing a wide range of issues. Specific modalities I work with include:
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR): This highly effective and empirically proven integrative psychotherapy approach is well known for helping people process trauma, but it can also be highly effective in helping to manage and even overcome many life challenges, such as depression, anxiety, addictions, OCD and phobias, as well as providing relief from stressors, such as divorce, grief, job loss and medical traumas. Through simple techniques, EMDR stimulates the brain to better understand and process trauma and other experiences, which help clients perceive disturbing memories and thoughts in a less distressful way.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT): Another highly effective and evidence-based treatment, EFT is often used in couples therapy, but can also be a highly beneficial approach for families and individuals in any kind of relationship at any stage of life. EFT gets right to the heart of the problems that keep relationships from being deeply satisfying. It is designed to stop the negative and stuck patterns in relationships and helps couples and family members create more deeply connected and secure bonds.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): This mind-body approach is effective in helping clients feel safe and grounded in the present moment as they also cultivate an increased understanding and awareness of themselves and their experiences. Based in calming the body, correcting thinking and confronting fears (the three C’s), this highly effective approach can help you effectively cope with pain, illness, stress and other challenges.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This solution-focused treatment helps to identify and reframe negative patterns of thoughts and behaviors. It is commonly used to treat depression and anxiety, although it has proven highly effective in helping people work through a myriad of issues. A form of talk therapy, CBT is oriented toward exploring the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors and developing problem solving skills.
- Reality Therapy/Choice Theory: Also a solution-focused therapy, Reality therapy, based on Choice theory, focuses on problem-solving and making better choices in order to achieve specific goals. Reality therapy can help you examine your wants and needs, take an honest evaluation of current behaviors, identify changes you can make and develop realistic plans of action to help you live authentically in line with what’s most important to you.
I understand and appreciate that every person, family and relationship is unique, which is why I work collaboratively with my clients to develop a therapy strategy that best supports and addresses their specific personalities, histories, values, needs and therapy goals. I tend to incorporate mindfulness into sessions, which helps clients ground into the present moment, increase self-awareness and connect with who they instinctually are. Together, we can break down and reframe the thoughts, feelings and beliefs that no longer serve you so you can reclaim a truly authentic relationship with yourself. You can learn to accept what you cannot change, respond to what you can and make choices that support your core values.
Regardless of what you and/or your family is going through, there is always hope for healing, growth and positive forward motion. I invite you to call my office at 480-427-3553 to schedule a 15-30 minute free phone consultation. I see clients Monday through Friday, as well as offer some evening and weekend appointments. I am a real, highly trained, personal, empathetic therapist who truly cares and can hold the supportive space you need to let go of old patterns and live a happier, more connected and empowered life. I may challenge you at times, but in sessions with me, you will always be supported as you dig deep, heal relationships, process experiences, overcome challenges and begin living as your authentic self.